Main Mapping Types: Extract from (Google Spreadsheet)
If you're not sure how to proceed, or the function does not produce the right effects, please contact our Support Team.
Extract from option will let you obtain given values much faster, compared to adding multiple conditions.
You can for example use this function to obtain colour or brand from the description field from your shop.
To use Extract from option, follow the steps below:
- First, open Google Spreadsheet, and create a list of values you would like to appear in the given field
- In the upper-right corner, click Share > Get shareable link
- On your mapping page (Internal Fields or Map Fields tab), scroll down to a given field (e.g. color)
- From the drop-down list, select Extract from option
- In the next field, choose the field in which to look for the values from your list (e.g. description)
- Below, select Add from url
- Paste the shareable link to your Google Spreadsheet file
Optimization Case Studies:
Colors obtained from the Description field
You can for example use this to map the color field, even if there is no such field in your shop. All you need to do is to create the Google Spreadsheet with the values that are present in your descriptions.
And add it using the Extract from option. The color field will now be filled in with the colors that appear in your description.